ONLINE Pre-Algebra TUTORING TOPICS
ONLINE MATH TUTORING TOPICS
Prealgebra 1 includes a thorough exploration of the fundamentals of arithmetic, including fractions, exponents, and decimals. We introduce beginning topics in number theory and algebra, including common divisors and multiples, primes and prime factorizations, basic equations and inequalities, and ratios.
PRE ALGEBRA ONLINE TUTORING
Numbers and Operations:
1. Add and Subtract Rational Numbers
2. Multiply and Divide Rational Numbers *Multiply and Divide Monomials
3. Powers of Monomials *Negative Exponents *Scientific Notation *Roots
4. Estimate Roots *Compare Real Numbers
5. Solve Equations with Rational Coefficients. Solve Addition and Subtraction Equations. Solve Multiplication and Division Equations
6. Solve Two-Step Equations. The Distributive Property. Solve Equations with Variables on Each Side. Solve Multi-Step Equations
7. Ordered Pairs and Relations
Tables and graphs
8. Two-Way Tables. Analyze Tables. Analyze Graphs.Translate Tables and Graphs into Equations. Functions
Lines and Linear Relationships
9. Linear Functions. Nonlinear Functions. Linear and nonlinear Associations
Functions and their properties
10. Graph Quadratic Functions
11. Families of Nonlinear Functions
Rate of Change/ Slope
12. Constant Rate of Change. Construct Functions. Slope
13. Investigating Linear Equations
14. Proportional and Non- proportional Relationships. Direct Variation. Slope-Intercept Form. Compare Properties of Functions
15. Graph Functions Using Intercepts
16. Model Linear Behavior. Qualitative Graphs. Systems of Equations
17. Use Logical Reasoning.
Lines and Triangles
Shapes and Polygons
Similar Polygons. Similar Triangles. Right Triangle Relationships
The Pythagorean Theorem
Distance on the Coordinate Plane Slope Triangles Special Right Triangles Translations Reflections Congruence and Transformations Rotational Symmetry Rotations
Dilations Similarity and Transformations Compositions of Transformations
Lines of Best Fit Select an Appropriate Display
Geometric Probability Act it Out Strategy Collect Data
Make a Model Strategy Volume of Prisms and Cylinders
Volume of Pyramids, Cones, and Spheres
Pre-Algebra Essential Skills
1. Write and evaluate variable expressions.
2. Use the order of operations.
3. Add, subtract, multiply and divide integers.
4. Write rules for patterns.
5. Graph points in the coordinate plane.
6. Identify and use properties of addition and multiplication and the Distributive Property. 7. Simplify expressions.
8. Solve one-step equations and inequalities.
9. Round decimals.
10. Find mean, median and mode of a set of data.
11. Substitute into formulas.
12. Convert metric and customary units.
13. Use divisibility tests.
14. Find the prime factorization of a number.
15. Find the greatest common factor and least common multiple.
16. Write fractions in simplest form.
17. Simplify expressions with integer exponents.
18. Write and evaluate numbers in scientific notation.
19. Write fractions as decimals and write terminating and repeating decimals as fractions. 20. Add, subtract, multiply and divide fractions and mixed numbers.
22. Solve proportions.
23. Find probability and odds.
24. Write percents as fractions and decimals and write decimals and fractions as percents. 25. Find a part of a whole, a percent and a whole amount
25.evaluate order of operations with absolute value;
26. distribute and combine like terms;
27. evaluate algebraic expressions;
28.solve linear equations (simple, dual side variables, infinite or no solution, and rational coefficients);
29. solve linear absolute value equations (simple and dual side);
30.solve algebraic formulas with several variables for one of the variables; and
solve applications of linear equations (age, integers, and triangles).
Pre Algebra is the foundation for learning further mathematics. These important topics are the building blocks of all future courses in High School and College Mathematics.
With more hours of online pre-algebra tutoring you increase your chances of expanding your mathematical knowledge and gaining the necessary skills for your success in high school. Knowing all these pre-algebra principles will give you an advantage over your peers in getting a better high school average and a better chance of college acceptance.
Learn topics from integers and ratios to polynomials and functions, so that you can expand your career opportunities and get through your next math exam with ease.